Overdraft protection, cash management, Re$ubmitIt®, remote deposit capture, and corporate credit cards are just a few of the many services that Ossian State Bank offers to help make your business a success. Click on a service below for more information.
Business Banking Services:
Access your account information, make transfers, view your E-Statements, and pay bills 24/7 with the convenience of Ossian State Bank's Online Banking! Enroll now!
Receive, view and pay bills all in one secure, online location. You tell us who to pay — a business or an individual — and then choose when to make the payment. You can even schedule payments in advance and set up recurring ones. Enroll today through your online banking and start using our free bill pay.
Whether you’re at home, at work or on the road, we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year with our any time, all-the-time online services. Sound management of banking products and services, especially those provided over the Internet, is fundamental to maintaining a high level of public conﬁdence not only in the individual bank and its brand name but also in the banking system as a whole. There is no need to be overly concerned about conducting banking transactions online. Online Cash Management is very secure. The Board of Directors has established sound physical and internal controls within the ﬁnancial institution and e-banking areas to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and conﬁdentiality of all information processed online.
Key components that help maintain a high level of public conﬁdence in an online environment include:
Before you access the Online Cash Management system, you are required to enter your personal user ID and password. Without the proper login, you cannot see or use any web pages within the service. After the initial login, you are then required to change your password for conﬁdentiality. In addition, periodic password changes are required by the system. And you can change your password at any time on your own.
Account Number Masking and Aliases
For security reasons, complete account numbers will never appear on the computer screen or be transmitted over the Internet. When the account number is displayed, it appears “masked” as #####1234. Account “aliases”, or nicknames, for your accounts can only be assigned by you when displaying account information on the screen, so no one other than you will be able to identify them.
Secure Connection - SSL Data Encryption
Each time you access your online information, the connection is automatically converted into a secure Internet communications session. Utilizing 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, all transmissions of web pages and data between the bank and your computer are completely encrypted or ‘scrambled’ so they are unreadable to any person or group that may try to “intercept” the transmission. SSL encryption is the industry standard and is widely used in Internet applications that require security and privacy for sensitive data. For added security, a digital certiﬁcate is also issued between the bank and the Service Bureau processing center for daily data transmissions.
Advanced Online Authentication
This state-of-the-art security feature provides you with a way to be certain that you are entering your Password into our Cash Management site, and not an imposter site. The ﬁrst time you log in to Cash Management, you will be asked to choose an image and create an image caption. During each subsequent login, you will be presented with your secret image and caption. This allows you to authenticate the website so you are safe to enter your password. Your initial log in also requires that you select and respond to 4 challenge questions. If the security system is unsure that you are truly the individual trying to access your accounts Online, one or more challenge questions will be asked. You must provide the exact responses that you set up in order to be granted access to Cash Management.
With Online Cash Management, you have access to the ﬁnancial information you need to make critical business decisions - any time of the day or night. This secure Internet connection between your business and our Cash Management system also lets you complete important business banking at your convenience. Wherever you are, your Cash Management connection gives you the advantage you need to stay ahead of your competition.
This secure, 24-hour service provides the most accurate picture of your cash position possible. Intuitive menus, system icons and well-organized hyperlinks make it easy for you to format and transmit requests directly to our system from your computer. Make transfers and loan payments. Issue wire transfer and stop payment instructions.
Online Cash Management gives you more control of your time as well as your money. Because Cash Management provides both transaction capability and information access, you don’t need to interrupt your busy schedule to make trips to the banking ofﬁce, or waste time waiting in line to make a transaction or ﬁnd the data you need. Business banking has never been easier!
To access the speciﬁc Cash Management features, simply click ‘Cash Management’ from the top navigation bar within the Online Cash Management site. Contact us to get you set up
ACH originated transactions are single transactions, either a debit or credit, sent through the Federal Reserve’s Automated Clearing House (ACH). While you would probably use the ACH Batch option to send a group of items like Direct Deposits for payroll, this single transaction option allows you to more quickly and efﬁciently move funds to or from a single account at another institution. You may either create a one-time, future-dated ACH transaction or schedule recurring transactions.
- If you wish to use a template, select one from the list box, enter a description, the amount, indicate whether this is a debit or credit and select the transaction type. Type the date for the transaction to take place and the information of the Receiver.
- Indicate whether you would like to include a Prenote. This is a dummy zero-dollar transaction used by the bank to verify that the information provided like the account number is valid.
- Select a scheduling option, indicate how the transfer should be handled if it falls on a weekend or a holiday and click ‘Proceed’. You will be able to send an e-mail for the transaction to be approved if necessary. Click ‘Accept Fee and Complete’ or ‘Complete’ button. Print the conﬁrmation page for your records.
You can save time and effort by creating several ACH Transactions such as Direct Deposits
for payroll and processing them as one set! You can create a new batch, edit an existing one
or copy or delete batches if needed.
- To create an ACH Batch transaction, simply select ‘Create New Batch’.
- Type the appropriate information in the ﬁelds provided and click ‘Save’.
- Once the batch has been created, you can edit, modify, or even delete the batch before submitting it.
You can also use the ‘Import Batch’ Button to import a set of transactions to be processed all at once.
In addition to monitoring your accounts online, transferring funds, and checking current balances, you can also pay all of your bills online. It’s easier than you think to get started. Set-up takes just a few minutes. You can pay anyone from your newspaper carrier to your mortgage company, any time you’d like, morning, noon, or night. When you’re ready to pay bills, click on ‘Bill Payment’.
‘Stop Payments’ allows you to request that a stop be placed on a payment that has not yet posted to your account.
- Click on the drop down list to choose the account from where the initial payment originated. All of the deposit accounts you have at the bank should be listed here. Then type in the amount.
- If you are requesting a stop payment for a series of payments, type in the starting check number and ending check number.
- It is important that you type in the original date that the payment was supposed to be posted. And, if you would like, you can type in the payee and reason for the stop payment request, but it is not necessary for the request to be processed.
- When all appropriate ﬁelds are complete, click ‘Proceed’ and the request will be submitted.
Submitting a stop payment is a request only, it does not automatically stop the payment online. The bank will receive a report of your request, and will begin working on the stop payment. Someone from the bank will contact you once the request has been processed.
- Saves money and promotes efficiency, with this service at your fingertips you are in control
- Reduce # of trips to the bank — Gas, time, bad weather, distractions
- Proximity to the bank is no longer important
- Add information meaningful to you at time of scanning
- Apartment #, Department, Invoice
- Export Payment information into 3rd party software
- Multiple locations
- Multiple users
- Daily limits set for user(s) – contact OSB for override approval
- Per item limits set for (user(s) – contact Ossian State Bank for override approval
- 24 months the checks are kept online so they can not be duplicated
Daily Customer Process
- Total the checks both $ and count
- Log into the CCX website
- Enter the batch totals
- Scan the checks
- Verify the totals
- Approve the batch
- Run end of day reports
Installation & Training
- Takes about 1 hour
- Install the scanner
- Daily Steps
- Research & Reports
- Administrative & Security
- Contact Ossian State Bank for all of your needs, hardware, supplies, software questions
- Authorized Ossian State Bank staff can log in from the bank and resolve any scanned image problem
- Contact Ossian State Bank for a review of your needs.
Ossian State Bank is here to help you with all of your business needs, including one of your biggest headaches—returned checks.
Ossian State Bank’s electronic check recovery service, Re$ubmitIt® significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. You collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service handles the collection process electronically from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- Returned checks are sent from Ossian State Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for collection.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of collection.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (third total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be sent to Re$ubmitIt®’s FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a state-regulated collection fee to cover the cost of collection.
If you have questions about Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service, please email them at email@example.com
To be Eligible for Re$ubmitIt® Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
To be Eligible for Re$ubmitIt® Paper Recovery, a Returned Check must:
- Be a business check to a business (not person-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
- Unlimited transactions
- Use anywhere VISA is accepted
- No need to carry large amounts of cash on you
- Debited directly from your business checking account
- Click here to report a lost or stolen card.
Contact us for more information or to apply for the Ossian State Bank Visa Business Credit Card.
Consider - Have You Ever
- Made a mistake in your checkbook?
- Forgotten to record a deposit? A purchase? A check order?
- Had to “guess” at what transactions a joint owner has made?
- Had a transaction denied or turned down at checkout?
- Had the embarrassment and expense of a returned check?
We cannot promise or guarantee these things will never happen, but what we can do is provide Discretionary Overdraft Privilege. Most of our checking accounts are eligible for this service.
You Deserve Consideration...
Rather than returning any non-sufficient funds items that you may have, we will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdrafts up to your assigned Discretionary Overdraft Privilege limit.
You do not have to apply for Discretionary Overdraft Privilege. It may already be a part of your checking Deposit Account Agreement with us. If you are unsure, call us.
If you do not use the Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Service, it costs you nothing.
If you do use the Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Service, you will be charged our customary fees.
Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Can Mean:
- You may avoid high charges from merchants for returned checks.
- You may avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of denied purchases and dishonored checks.
- Payment of your occasional, and inadvertent, overdrafts up to your assigned Discretionary Overdraft Privilege limit of $200, $400, $800, or $1,500 will normally be considered. These limits include our customary fees, which is currently $30.00 for each overdraft transaction, which will be added to any outstanding overdrafts you may have and applied against your Discretionary Overdraft Privilege limit.
If you wish to use this service for your ATM and everyday debit card transactions you must Opt In. You may Opt In by calling us with your decision or completing the Opt In form at either of our branches, mailing it, faxing it, or e-mailing your decision along with the last 4 digits of your account number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reverse your decision for ATM and everyday debit card transactions at any time using the same methods.
You may choose at any time to not participate in Discretionary Overdraft Privilege by notifying one of our Customer Service Representatives who will explain the potential consequences for you.
We also offer additional overdraft protection services that you may be eligible for.
If you have questions concerning the Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Service, please contact a Customer Service Representative at (260) 622-4141 or (260) 824-6630, or visit either of our branches.
Our Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Service represents a purely discretionary courtesy or privilege that we may provide to you from time to time and which may be withdrawn or withheld by us at any time without prior notice or reason or cause.
Safe Deposit Boxes are available at Ossian State Bank. Use your safe deposit box to protect irreplaceable valuables and documents such as: jewelry, birth certificates, stock certificates, savings bonds, insurance papers, tax returns, diplomas/transcripts, digitally-stored pictures, settlement agreements, the list goes on…